Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Subaru Outback '10

Over the summer I traded in my 2002 Audi A4 for a 2010 Subaru Outback. Subaru re-designed this years Outback and made the vehicle both taller and longer more like a crossover than a traditional wagon.

Over the weekend I started to research getting a cargo box for my roof. I learned some consumers had issues with the rear tailgate hitting the box, thus not allowing the tailgate to fully open. See the the thread here. If I got a smaller box, I couldn't fit my skis. Dilemma.

I went to EMS in South Burlington and decided to try one of the longer boxes and low and behold it actually fit. The rear tailgate does touch a bit at the very end, so I'm going to tape felt on the rear of my box so it doesn't scratch the brake light.

The model is the Thule 687BXT Atlantis 1800XT. It is on sale right now from EMS for $479.

More photos here.

No comments: